The texture artist creates relevant texture maps for the models, both organic and hard-surface, in such a way that it yields well in the lookdev’d final look of the asset. The texture artist is detail-oriented, understands different visual styles, has a great eye for scale, color and form, and knows where to acquire good visual references to better guide his/her work. He/she has an excellent knowledge of the VFX pipeline and understands the importance of meeting deadlines while producing work of the highest quality.
Viskefi is an artist-driven studio by nature, thriving in the VFX industry. It's mission is to give talented artists the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
We love bringing animals and creatures into life in commercials, episodics, AR/VR and films.
We have a great pool of artists across our studios in Milton Keynes-UK( headquarters) and Hyderabad- India, who can work towards creating extraordinary visual effects.
- Under the supervision of the Visual Effects Supervisor, create all required textures for the given models.
- Create mood boards with relevant reference images for each given asset to discuss the plan with the supervisor.
- Work closely with modelers and lighting artists to ensure that the created assets work well through the pipeline.
- Present render images/turntables for progress review to supervisors and clients.
- Stay on schedule and meet set deadlines.
- Learn new tools and approaches to stay up-to-date with technological developments, therefore contributing to improve the studio’s processes.
- Mentor juniors, help them with upgrading in their skills and techniques.
- 5 or more years of experience as a texture artist in the production of feature films or commercials.
- A full working knowledge of asset in the following packages: Maya, Arnold, Mari, Photoshop, Substance painter and ZBrush.
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to generate texture maps to both interpret designs and accurately match reference material.
- A strong understanding of image color space relating to texture painting.
- A very keen eye for detail.
- Good understanding of Lookdev is a big plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to accurately assess time needed to complete a project.
- Ability to adapt to project requirements, new applications and its updates.