- The ideal candidate should be able to solve problems and work within a given framework, while creating efficient technical workflow and troubleshooting solutions that meet the guidelines of a given production.
- Most importantly, one should engage as an enthusiastic team player and follow creative direction to assure all FX efforts achieve their visual target.
- Work closely with the Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline.
- Explore and recommend new FX techniques and software
- Organise and attend client meetings, with the ability to lead discussions if need
- Be creative and proactive in executing and assisting all shots in a sequence
- Contribute to the department’s FX workflow and pipeline
- Good level of proficiency with Houdini and Basic Proficiency with Nuke.
- Good understanding of the mathematical and physical concepts related to Computer Graphics.
- A good aesthetic eye for effects performance as it relates to storytelling.
- A solid work ethic and a positive mindset.
- Rigid body and Particle dynamics and Fluid dynamics and Cloth/vellum simulation
- Volume modeling, animation and rendering.
- Procedural geometry/Environment generation
- Crowd/murmuration/flocking simulation.
- Fur/hair grooming and simulation.
- Work productively in a high-pressure environment.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems proactively and resourcefully.
- Take direction from the VFX Supervisor, Producer and FX Lead well and implement feedback with a positive attitude.
- Use VEX and/or Python with proficiency.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. We have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
- Mid Artist
- Senior Artist
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.